Last Updated on September 1, 2021
PeekYou.com is a website or to be precise, a search engine that helps you find people. It indexes people and their links on the Web. Every day, the site serves nearly six million people. It places the individuals at the center of the internet. Read on below to learn more about PeekYou free people search.
The site was founded in April 2006, by Michael Hussey. The website claims to have indexed more than 250 million people from the United States and Canada. You can find family, reconnect with old friends and classmates, find their contact information and get in touch with them. It also comes with an easy to navigate layout.
How It Works?
At the top of the website, you will find three drop-down menus; One is for ‘First Name’, the second one for ‘Last Name’, and third for the ‘state name’. Enter the details to start your search. The process is going to take a while, of course as the search engine attempts to retrieve the information from its database.
I searched for ‘Robin Mosby’, from Alabama. At the last stage, when results were compiled, it asked for my email id and name.
A Quick Overview of The Algorithms Used
The people finder does not completely reveal it’s inner workings, just like many other services. Analyzing their search conducts, we can find the answer to, what is PeekYou and how it works by reading various sources online.
Publicly available data, for example, from Facebook, LinkedIn, Wikipedia, Google+ help the website build the search results. It collects and combines scattered content from many points. For example the social sites, news sources, homepages, and blog platforms to present comprehensive online identities. It brings a new perspective to people’s search.
It analyses multiple sources and draws a conclusion that a person can be associated with a particular URL or dataset just like Google can tell when a keyword is associated with any specific topic or idea. The information it provides is also available on Yahoo, Bing, and, of course, Google.
That does sound great, but what makes this particular people finder great?
Typically search engines bury information about individuals unless you use certain syntaxes or search tricks, PeekYou, on the other hand revolves around the individuals.
Features of The Website
The website provides the details of a required person from many different angles.
- It searches efficiently over the internet to bring you public records and background checks.
- It also helps you know if the person has any criminal record. The database reveals the arrest records and driving infractions of the person.
- It helps you get hold of the details of the person you are looking for. This includes the person’s contact info, phone numbers, addresses, social profiles, etc.
- It extracts all the email addresses that may belong to the person under search.
Note: The site only displays publicly available web content; they try their best to respect requests for privacy. In a nutshell, your question, ‘what is PeekYou?’ can be answered as simple as trying it out to see it in action. Click here.
How to Opt-Out?
There is an option called Peekyou opt out, which you can use to delete or remove your personal details. Many people are not comfortable with their information being available on the site. If you are one of those persons, just relax. You can easily remove your details from the platform. Here is how it goes.
- Go to the website, enter your details and hit the search button. Find your profile from results and click your name. It will take you to your profile.
- Locate the unique ID number which is the part of the URL you are at right now. You may find that on the top left corner of the screen. Copy the number.
- Now visit this link. Fill out the form you are directed to. It will also ask for a unique ID number you just saved. There will be a text box that says ‘Message’. Here you can type your message and ask them to remove your profile. When you are done filling it, submit the request.
- You will soon receive an email from them. Reply to confirm your request. Do not forget to embed your profile URL.
In conclusion, PeekYou is an amazing opportunity to get in touch with people you have lost connection with. We recommend that you learn more about white pages free search, free phone number lookup and see these 100% free people finder sites.
References & Citations