Last Updated on November 3, 2021
There are quite a number of video sharing platforms online but none as famous and prominent as YouTube. To be able to find such videos one needs to find the people behind them. This article will look at methods on how to find someone on You Tube.
It is a common tendency among social media platforms to offer people searches on them. This allow users to find each other so as to establish communication. Some even let their users find social media accounts by phone number online for free.
What is You Tube and How Does it Work?
You Tube is an online social platform that allows video sharing and communication that is property of Google. Launched in 2005, You Tube is the second most visited website amassing more than a billion users monthly.
By May 2019, You Tube users were uploading more than 500 hours of video content in a minute. Videos on You Tube include music videos, videos on gaming, news, fashion, learning, beauty and many other categories.
Users are able to have a subscription on the site, create their own content, share content and watch content using any device. The question then is, is there a way on how to find someone on You Tube?
How do I Find Someone on You Tube?
Since You Tube has search engine capabilities, this makes it convenient to lookup a person or their videos on the site. A search on You Tube rest on how much information you have on that particular person or video that you want to look up.
You Tube users are able to connect and be friends on the site through common interests as determined by the type of content they like, post or comment on. These are users who are registered on the site as members.
To search for someone on You Tube:
- Log in to https://www.youtube.com/ or launch the You Tube App.
- Click on the search bar. On smart phones and tablets it’s represented by the magnifying glass.
- Type the name or username of the person you are looking to find. If the person had included their real name on their You Tube account, you will get a positive result with a search using it. Other searches on the search bar can be done using an email address with you or keywords to videos associated with the user you are looking for.
- After filling in your search details, click on the magnifying glass.
- Your results will be displayed from your search. To filter you search, go to the Filter Icon represented by three broken lines. This can be found on the upper right on smart phones and tablets. It is below the search bar on the site.
- Choose the ideal filter for you from the list.
- To search for videos posted by the person, select ‘Channel’.
- A lot of results may still come up if the person has a common name.
- Go through the results and located the person you want to find.
- You can subscribe to their channel if you want to once you have located them.
These helpful ideas can help you on how to find someone on You Tube. With them you can do a free people search on your friends and family and find out what they have been up to on this renowned video site.